Thursday, August 30, 2012

First Day of School

My first day of school for the Fall 2012 semester was wonderful! Throughout the day, I thought to myself, "I can't believe I'm finally here!!! I can't believe I get to learn at such a great school!!!"

And throughout the day I thanked God for this unique time in my life.

We started our school day off right by singing worship songs!


My first convocation! I love that I'm required to be in church mid week! 
"Free" water bottles to all the new students after convocation! 

James 4:7. *My professor asked that we pray for him, that he may teach more like Jesus, his role model!!!!!!!


"Free" t-shirt for the S.A.L.T. program. I'm so thankful that I received the postcard about salt 3+ months ago... God knew what he was doing by starting off my SAU experience in this program!!

Back of the shirt. :)

This is hanging in my teachers office. Little things like this make a big impression on me since SAU is the first time I've ever attended a Christian school (at least I guess that's why).

I <3 this!

All my classes are in this building except for my Chemistry class and my outreach practicum. 

Where I'll be spending lots of quality time the next 4 months. :)

I killed a snake for my very first time last night! The timing could not have been better... huge spiritual lesson gleaned.... "I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you." Luke 10:19

This is just a glimpse of my blessed day. I'd love to provide more detail but it's past my bedtime. Speaking of bedtime... my cat woke me up at 5:30 this morning... I hope he does the same tomorrow! God is soooo good!!!

God is love,
Vanessa

PS. For those of you praying for Poco... I think he is on the mend... I take him back to the vet tomorrow for a medicated bath and check up. I've learned that Poco loves Peanut butter on saltine crackers... it's the best way I've found to get him to eat his pills. The problem is I like peanut butter on saltine crackers... and maybe a lil honey too... NIGHT. :)


1 comment:

  1. Hey Vanessa, you can take a snake that you killed, hang it on a bush and it will make it rain.

    Well, that's what one of my cousins did once, years ago, during a bad drought. Funny thing though: we got a LOT of torrential downpour a few days after he did it :-P

    Seriously though: glad school is going well for you! Am praying that you and your husband will get to be reunited soon :-)

    ReplyDelete