Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Memory Verse a Week for the Weak: Psalm 91:1-4

I have yet to do just one verse for our weekly memory verse, and this week's verse(s) are no different. 


Today's verses are from Psalm 91:1-4: “Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.”
I found this picture here


These four verses are jammed back with powerful words: shelter, rest, refuge, safety, trust, rescue, protect, cover, faithful, and promises. Each one of these words are what I need from my loving Heavenly Father; and I mean ---->need<----.


**I'd just like to take a minute to remind you that the definition of you is not found in your career, education, past, present, family, spouse, friends, money, or the church you belong. What you do, or do not do in a day does not define you. The One who created the universe in which you breath and the One who knows you better than you know yourself defines you.


***I would like to challenge each of you to do one more thing this week in addition to the memory verses (I know you are crazy busy but just give this a try with me). I challenge you to discover your definition that can only be found in your Heavenly Father... "How?" you ask... Here's one way: write on a piece of paper these words, "My Heavenly Father (Saviour, God, which ever your favorite name is for our Lord) loves me unconditionally just the way I am." Next find a Bible verse that supports that statement and also write it on the piece of paper. Immediately after you wake up each morning read the statement and verse, and then pray for God to show you evidence of this statement throughout your day. And then write that evidence on the back of the piece of paper. 


I got this idea from a friend, and tweaked it a little bit, so I can't claim it as my own idea. I have seasons that I really need a reminder of my definition; I hate to admit that now is one of those seasons.


I look forward to hearing from you about the memory verses and the definition challenge.


Remember that God is love,
Vanessa


ps the concert was so much fun, perhaps I'll write about it sometime. Blessings.



No comments:

Post a Comment