Monday, January 9, 2012

A Little Something for Your Manic Monday

Tomorrow is January 9 already! Time goes by too quickly! Tomorrow is kinda a big deal in my little world and here's why:
  • We are handing over our book keeping for our small construction business, Y Bar Construction, over to our accountant's office!!! (Insert happy dance here!)
  • School starts back up again tomorrow. I'm taking Human Anatomy and Physiology (Biol 231) and a P.E. class this term. 
What you have here is over $300 in textbooks which  automatically make them worthy of a picture.

  • I get to hang out with a bunch of kids at a church school for a couple of hours and lead a brief worship tomorrow morning. 
  • Ryan and I are doing our first weekly review (I'll explain in a different post). We were suppose to do this today but Ryan had to go be a superhero and save someone's house from burning down. I know what you are thinking, "How dare he?!?" It's tough being a superhero's wife. Please note sarcasm.
  • And of course there's a million other chores I will hope to accomplish tomorrow but what I'm really excited about is....
  • Tomorrow is the first day of a weekly series that I would like to call "A Memory Verse a Week for the Weak".
One of my goals for 2012 is to memorize one Bible verse a week. And I thought, "Why not invite the entire world to memorize with me?!?". Genius I know!

Alright, alright, the entire world doesn't read my blog, but my family, friends, and coworkers do! My hope is that folks will check on my progress throughout the week and join me in memorizing the verses.

I plan to update the memory verse each Monday, so just think Monday = Memory Verse. I named the series "A Memory Verse a Week for the Weak" because you guessed it, I am weak but He is strong, and I want to get stronger from the ultimate source of strength. I promise I'm not a freak. Well maybe I am. Actually, I'm a freak. Insert that song, you know... THAT song.

Anywho, I welcome and encourage your participation. How you participate is really up to you! It would be so great to get videos from you memorizing the verse, or comments on what you do to memorize verses. The sky is the limit. 

God is love,
Vanessa

p.s. I thought I would include a Brad Paisley song because in case you haven't heard.... I GET TO SEE BRAD PAISLEY IN CONCERT soon! 



2 comments:

  1. GOOD IDEA VANESSA. IT'S MUCH EASIER TO MEMORIZE WHILE YOUNG, AND IT STAYS FOR LIFE. HOPE YOUR IDEA SPREADS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it too Jay! You're not too old!

    ReplyDelete